You’re an important part of our family at Broomfield Family Dentistry. As always, we’re on your side, working tirelessly to ensure your health and happiness are a top priority. We want to reassure you that we never compromise when it comes to your health and safety. Now, more than ever, we’re taking every step possible, both big and small, to ensure you and your family are protected and secure.
We’re taking every precaution possible both in the office and in our personal life because as our patients, your health (and your smile) is always on our minds and in our hearts.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you and your family safe:
- The day prior to your appointment, please download and do a COVID-19 Self-Screening on the Apple or Android O/S from the app store.
- Please remember to brush and floss before your appointment.
- Please wear a mask upon arrival and throughout your time at the office (and parent, if applicable). If a guardian is necessary at your appointment either for a younger or elderly member of your family, only one person will be allowed to accompany you. This person will be restricted from treatment areas. If possible, we ask all family members to remain in their vehicle except for checking in and checking out.
- Please plan on arriving ten minutes before your scheduled appointment for screening. We kindly ask that you TEXT our office phone number at 303-469-2016 when you arrive in the parking lot. We’ll text back when we’re ready to bring the patient into the office.
- Upon entering, we’ll take your temperature and the one person who’s accompanying you (if needed).
- Next, you’ll be asked to wash your hand thoroughly and rinse your mouth for 30 seconds with hydrogen peroxide. We do this because it’s thought to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- You’ll then be escorted to your treatment room by one of our friendly staff members.
Sterilization and Disease Control
Preventing the spread of disease and adhering too stringent infection control measures has always been paramount to our office. In response to COVID-19, we have further increased our protective measures. You’ll notice these increased measures in regard to our personal protective equipment (PPE), treatment processes, and cleaning measures.
- We’re currently only allowing employees and patients into the office.
- We’re conducting round-the-clock, frequent sanitization of all common areas, complete with sneeze guards in the front desk where you check in and check out, along with our consult room.
- Our office is fully equipped with a high-tech HVAC air sanitizing system.
- All public areas are sanitized after use including our consult room, bathroom, pens, credit cards, etc.
- We’re also currently working on making our office as paperless as possible. We’ll place important documents on our website and you can email them back to us.
- Every operatory surface is sanitized with Cavicide as per OSHA guidelines in addition to the use of barriers.
- All handpieces, instruments, and supplies are sterilized after every appointment.
- Spore tests are routinely conducted to ensure proper sterilization levels.
- Employees are asked to change from “home clothes” to “work clothes” upon entering the building.
- We’ve removed all non-essential materials from our operatories and will be wearing face shields and level-3 masks.
If you find yourself with questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our team members. They are also being screened daily and having their temperatures taken frequently. We’ll only be seeing one doctor and one hygiene patient at a time to maximize social distancing and to allow for extra time for sterilization of the office. We’ll also be providing special hours to accommodate patients that are considered to be at a higher risk to minimize the chances of exposure to COVID-19.
We’re here to help you and with you every step of the way. Our infection control protocols are up-to-date, safe, and in place because we care so much about the health of you and your family. At Broomfield Family Dentistry there’s nothing we wouldn’t sacrifice for your health and comfort. Please send us a message or call (303) 469-2016.